The Global Health Program encourages outstanding Global Health students to go abroad when completing the field experience requirement. Current Global Health Majors and minors may now apply for up to $500.00 from the Global Health Program to support field experience travel!
Applicants must be current UC San Diego Global Health students at the time of the program abroad, proof that the student has been accepted to the program must be included with the application, and students must apply for, and be approved for, funding before participating in the field experience abroad.
Please complete the funding request form here.
*Please note that funding will be awarded via reimbursement; receipts must be submitted to the Global Health Program after the applicant returns from the program.
Requirements for students receiving funding:
- Complete a blog post for the Global Health blog about the experience
- Prior to travel (one month before):
- Complete Student Certification for Business-Related Travel and submit to the Global Health office or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check the third box “Is an integral (required) part of the student’s degree work”.
- Enroll in free UC Trip Insurance.
- Complete the Field Operational Planner.